Terms and Conditions
TERMS OF SERVICE
This website is operated by Winded Kiteboarding. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Winded Kiteboarding. Winded Kiteboarding offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
SECTION 1 - ONLINE STORE TERMS
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
SECTION 2 - GENERAL CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
SECTION 3 - ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
SECTION 4 - MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
SECTION 5 - PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (if applicable)
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
SECTION 6 - ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
SECTION 7 - OPTIONAL TOOLS
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
SECTION 8 - THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
SECTION 9 - USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
SECTION 10 - PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 11 - ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
SECTION 12 - PROHIBITED USES
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
SECTION 13 - DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall Winded Kiteboarding, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
SECTION 14 - INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Winded Kiteboarding and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
SECTION 15 - SEVERABILITY
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
SECTION 16 - TERMINATION
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
SECTION 17 - ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
SECTION 18 - GOVERNING LAW
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of 5137 51st Way West Palm Beach Florida US 33409.
SECTION 19 - CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR RENTALS ONLY:
1. The following definitions are used but not otherwise defined in this agreement:
a. “Casualty Value” means the market value of the Equipment at the end of the Term or when in relation to a Total Loss, the market value of the Equipment would have had at the end of the Term but for the Total Loss. The Casualty Value may be less than but will not be more than the original purchase price of the Equipment.
b. “Equipment” means: ”Kiteboarding Kite” which has an approximate value ranging between $800 and $2000 each.
c. “Total Loss” means any loss or damage that is not repairable or that would cost more to repair than the market value of the Equipment.
2. The Lessor agrees to lease the Equipment to the Lessee, and the Lessee agrees to lease the Equipment from the Lessor in accordance with the terms set out in this Agreement.
3. The Agreement commences on the date the Equipment is delivered, and will continue for three weeks after the Equipment delivery date (the “Term”).
4. The rent will be paid up front in full at checkout (the “Rent”). The security deposit is
Use of Equipment
5. The Lessee will use the Equipment in a good and careful manner and will comply with all of the manufacturer’s requirements and recommendations respecting the Equipment and with any applicable law, whether local, state, or federal respecting the use of the Equipment, including, but not limited to, environmental and copyright law.
6. The Lessee will use the Equipment for the purpose for which it was designed and not any other purpose.
7. Unless the Lessee obtains the prior written consent of the Lessor, the Lessee will not alter, modify or attach anything to the Equipment unless the alteration, modification, or attachment is easily removable without damaging the functional capabilities or economic value of the Equipment.
Repair and Maintenance of the Equipment
8. The Lessee will, at the Lessee’s own expense, keep the Equipment in good repair, appearance, and condition, normal and reasonable wear and tear excepted. The Lessee will supply all parts that are necessary to keep the Equipment in such a state.
9. If the Equipment is not in good repair, appearance, and condition when it is returned to the Lessor, the Lessor may make such repairs or may cause such repairs to be made as are necessary to put the Equipment in a state of good repair, appearance and condition, normal and reasonable wear and tear excepted. The Lessor will make the said repairs within a reasonable time of taking possession of the Equipment and will give the Lessee written notice of an invoices for the said repairs. Upon receipt of such invoices, the Lessee will immediately reimburse the Lessor for the actual expense of those repairs.
10. The Lessee may, but is not obligated to, enforce any warranty that the Lessor has against the supplier or manufacturer of the Equipment. The Lessee will enforce such warranty or indemnity in its own name and at its own expense.
11. The Equipment will be in good working order and good condition upon delivery
12. The Equipment is of merchantable quality and is fit for Kiteboarding and Kiteboarding activities only
Loss and Damage
13. To the extent permitted by law, the Lessee will be responsible for the risk of loss, theft, damage, or destruction to the Equipment from any and every cause.
14. If the Equipment is lost or damaged, the Lessee will continue paying Rent, will provide the Lessor with prompt written notice of such loss or damage and will, if the Equipment is repairable, put or cause the Equipment to be put in a state of good repair, appearance and condition.
15. In the event of Total Loss of the Equipment, the Lessee will provide the Lessor with prompt written notice of such loss and will pay to the Lessor all unpaid Rent for the Term plus the Casualty Value of the Equipment, at which point ownership of the Equipment passes to the Lessee.
Ownership, Right to Lease and Quiet Enjoyment
16. The Equipment is the property of the Lessor and will remain the property of the Lessor
17. The Lessee will not encumber the Equipment or allow the Equipment to be encumbered or pledge the Equipment as security in any manner.
18. The Lessor warrants that the Lessor has the right to lease the Equipment according to the terms in this Agreement.
19. The Lessor warrants that as long as no Event of Default has occurred, the Lessor will not disturb the Lessee’s quiet and peaceful possession of the Equipment or the Lessee’s unrestricted use of the Equipment for the purpose for which the Equipment was designed.
20. No insurance coverage for the Equipment is required under this agreement.
21. The Lessee will report and pay all taxes, fees, and charges associated with the Equipment, with the use of the Equipment, and with revenues and profits arising out of the use of the Equipment, including, but no limited to, sales taxes, property taxes, and license and registration fees. The Lessee will pay any and all penalties and interest for failure to pay any tax, fee, or charge on or before the date on which the payment is due. The Lessee will play any and all penalties and interest for failure to report required information to any taxing authority with jurisdiction over the Lessee or the Equipment. If the Lessee fails to do any of the foregoing, the Lessor may, but is not obligated to, do so at the Lessee’s expense.
22. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the Lessee will not be required to pay any tax, fee or charge if the Lessee is contesting the validity of same in the manner prescribed by the legislation governing the imposition of same, or in the absence of a prescribed form, in a reasonable manner. However, the Lessee will indemnify and reimburse the Lessor for damages and expenses incurred by the Lessor arising from or related to the Lessee’s failure to pay any tax, fee, or charge, regardless of whether the Lessee is contesting the validity of the same or not.
23. If the Lessee fails to pay any and all taxes, fees, and charges mentioned in this Agreement and the Lessor, on behalf of the Lessee, pays the same, the Lessee will reimburse the Lessor for the cost upon notification from the Lessor of the amount.
24. The Lessee will indemnify and hold harmless the Lessor against any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities, including attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or related to the Lessee’s use of the Equipment.
25. The occurrence of any one or more of the following events will constitute an event of default (“Event of Default”) under this Agreement:
a. The Lessee fails to pay any amount provided for in this Agreement when such amount is due or otherwise breaches the Lessee’s obligations under this Agreement.
b. The Lessee becomes insolvent or makes an assignment of rights or property for the benefit of creditors or files for or has bankruptcy proceedings instituted against it under the Federal bankruptcy law of the United States or another competent jurisdiction.
c. A writ of attachment or execution is levied on the Equipment and is not released or satisfied within 10 days.
26. On the occurrence of an Event of Default, the Lessor will be entitled to pursue any one or more of the following remedies (the “Remedies”):
a. Declare the entire amount of the Rent for the Term immediately due and payable without notice or demand to the Lessee.
b. Apply the Deposit toward any amount owing to the Lessor.
c. Commence legal proceedings to recover the Rent and other obligations accrued before and after the Event of Default.
d. Take possession of the Equipment, without demand or notice, wherever the same may be located, without any court order or other process of law. The Lessee waives any and all damage occasioned by such taking of possession.
e. Terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice to the Lessee.
f. Pursue any other remedy available in law or equity.
27. Upon written demand to the Lessor, the Lessee will execute and deliver to the Lessor documents required by the Lessor to protect the Lessor’s interest in the Equipment including, but not limited to, the documents necessary to file a UCC financing statement.
28. This Agreement will constitute the entire agreement between the Parties. Any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement will not be binding on either Party except to the extent incorporated in this Agreement.
29. All dollar amounts in this agreement refer to U.S. dollars, and all payments required to be paid under this Agreement will be paid in U.S. dollars unless the Parties agree otherwise.
30. Headings are inserted for the convenience of the Parties and are not to be considered when interpreting this agreement. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
31. It is the intention of the Parties to this Agreement that this Agreement and the performance under this Agreement, and all suits and special proceedings under this Agreement, be construed in accordance with and governed, to the exclusion of the law of any other forum, by the laws of the State of Washington (the “State”), without regard to the jurisdiction in which any action or special proceeding may be instituted.
32. If there is a conflict between any provision of this Agreement and the applicable legislation of the State of Washington (the “Act”), the Act will prevail and such provisions of the Agreement will be amended or deleted as necessary in order to comply with the Act. Further, any provisions that are required by the Act are incorporated into this Agreement.
33. If there is a conflict between any provision of this Agreement and any form of Agreement prescribed by the Act, that prescribed form will prevail and such provisions of the Agreement will be amended or deleted as necessary in order to comply with that prescribed form. Further, any provisions that are required by that prescribed form are incorporated into this Agreement.
34. In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, those provisions to the extent enforceable and all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable as though the invalid or unenforceable parts had not been included in this Agreement and the remaining provisions had been executed by both Parties subsequent to the expungement of the invalid provision.
35. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts. Facsimile signatures are binding and considered to be original signatures.
36. Time is of the essence in this Agreement.
37. This Agreement will extend to and be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, as the case may be, of each Party to this Agreement.
38. Neither Party will be liable in damages or have the right to terminate this Agreement for any delay or default in performance if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to Acts of God, Government restrictions, wars, insurrections, natural disasters, such as earthquakes, hurricanes or floods and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Party whose performance is affected.
Notice to the Lessee
39. NOTICE TO THE LESSEE: This is a lease. You are not buying the Equipment. Do not agree to this Agreement before you read it.